Jul 4, 2019

WHAT I WAS IS NOT WHO I AM

"[O]ne thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.”
(John 9:25) 

Pious inquisitors had interrogated this poor ex-blind beggar at great length. Such an answer as he gave always baffles those with religious breeding who are void of a spiritual birth. His statement is so plain, yet so profound.

No matter how devout or intellectual, if you do not know what our blind man knows, you know nothing at all! Unlike the blind man, many Christians only remember what they were in the past, not realizing who they are now in Christ. You cannot live a victorious life inhaling the polluted air of your past. The overcomer’s spiritual lungs are filled with celestial air.

I’ve noticed that believers cemented in their past never rise to heavenly heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...