Oct 1, 2019

ISAIAH’S CRISIS

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne...Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King...Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”
(Isa. 6:1,6,8)


Isaiah is on the brink of entering his prophetic ministry, so God sends a crisis in his life. In a creature-created crisis we learn nothing, it ends in frustration. But in a Christ-created crisis we learn a great deal; its end is fruitfulness. Nowhere do we get a more honest and clear picture of our heart than during those times of a God-created crisis. And in most, if not all, it is not a pretty portrait. It ends in our beholding the unpleasantries of our inner self as well as getting a true look at those we dwell among. “Woe is me,” resulting.


In Isaiah’s case, as in ours, the Lord had to remove the king of his life. God has to take people and things we hold dear and in high esteem before we can say, “I saw the Lord...mine eyes have seen the King.” Moseses and Elijahs must be taken out of the picture before we can see, “Jesus Only.” Such a vision leaves one no longer disillusioned concerning himself or others; he or she will see clearly, no longer seeing men as trees. All the props are gone and now it is just us and God, face to face. Everything is tainted, except our GOD!


After such an experience as Isaiah’s a man or woman will be willing to go anywhere, do anything, and be, if God so chooses, “...the filth of the world... and the offscouring of all things” (1 Cor. 4:13). The prophet could say with Paul, “I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision” (Acts 26:19). And
“immediately” he got a move on (Acts 16:10)! There was no hesitation, no procrastinating. This type of person doesn’t consider the impossibilities involved, as Abraham of old didn't. For he or she lives in the realm of the supernatural!

An Old Disciple



No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...