Sep 27, 2019

SOVEREIGNTY OBSERVED

... behold, here am I, let him do to me as seemeth good unto him.”
(1 Sam. 15:26)

Nowhere, I think, is the Sovereign Lordship of Jesus Christ seen better than when one of His own is sinking in the mire of despair. Nor is it heard clearer than when we hear that soul cry out in his or her agony, “Do with me, O Lord, what pleases thee. For whatever pleases thee, pleases me.” The man after God's own heart was such a saint.

Our Lord confronted His disciples in one of His parables with this question, Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?” (Matt. 20:15). Does not the Potter from Heaven have the right to make one vessel unto honour and another to dishonor if it so pleases Him in fulfilling His plan?

Jesus teaches the principle, that in life, often we have to wait and find out the "what" and "why's. “Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know (whyhereafter.” (Jn. 13:7) You know, like the old song says: 

Tho' shadows deepen, and my heart bleeds,

I will not question the way He leads;
This side of Heaven we know in part,
I will not question a broken heart.
We'll talk it over in the bye and bye.
We'll talk it over, my Lord and I.
I'll ask the reasons - He'll tell me why,
When we talk it over in the bye and bye.

An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...