Mar 14, 2020

AN EVER-PRESENT GOD

"I AM THAT I AM."
(Ex. 3:14)

"I AM" is most definitely in the present tense. God gives Moses a double-barrel truth to convey to His people. "I AM...I AM," says the LORD. Not was, will be, but AM!, always present. The One who iswas, and which is to come, is ever present at any of these stages in time or eternity. He is not mentioned in the book of Esther as being present but He can be seen working behind the scene. As the old camp meeting preacher once said, "When you can't see Him you can track Him."

When God clothed Himself in flesh and came into this world, He tried to tell the world who He was, but like now, they just couldn't, or wouldn't, get it. Jesus said, "I AM the bread of life; I AM the light of the world; I AM the door of the sheep; I AM the resurrection and the life; I AM the good shepherd; I AM the way, the truth, and the life; I AM the true vine; before Abraham was, I AM." Jesus was the Great I AM of the Old Testament. When the soldiers came to the garden to arrest Him and asked concerning His person He answered, "I AM HE." At this statement they all went backward and fell to the ground! The God that spoke from the bush now speaks from the flesh, of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Even His name "Emmanuel" gives Him away; it means, "God with us." O, how He wants us, His people, to know He is ever present with us. His promise is that "He will never leave nor forsake us." He is in the boat with us, He rides the storms with us. And yes, stills them at His pleasure. Dear child of God: He is with you right now, at this very moment of time! BLESSED BE OUR GOD!

By An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...