Aug 12, 2020

A HELPLESS CHILD OF GOD!

"Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah."
(Psa. 3:2)

Not any, but "many" it was who said to David he would find no help in his God. In fact, David tells us, it was a daily delight to the devils of this world to taunt him with such. "As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?"

Throughout the scriptures this term was the norm of the wicked against those who trusted in the Lord. To use one of today's idioms, "It was cast in their teeth" daily. Originally it meant to knock one's teeth out with stones. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Talk’s cheap.

When an old man David writes the people of God telling them. "And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him," Psa. 37:40. For you who are familiar with the life of David, knows he knew what he was talking about!

The writer of Hebrews penned, "... for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me," 13:5-6. He said, they said! When God says it, you can be bold in your spiritual vocabulary.

Since we're never helpless, we are never hopeless. When the Greater than David hung in agony on the cross the children of Belial, that is, the children of this world, asked why God didn't help Him NOW. He did, three days later. They were, "Johnny come latelies."

Nothing cuts deeper into the heart of a child of God than to hear the words, "There is no help for him in God."
(rds)

By An Old Disciple 

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...