Aug 1, 2020

LIFTING OUR HANDS TO GOD

"Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.... Let my prayer be set forth before thee...and the lifting up of my hands.... Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down..I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." 
(Psa. 63:3; Psa. 141:2; Heb. 12:12; 1 Tim. 2:8)

For some years now when in prayer, I lift my hands unto God. I begin with my palms down, then turning them upward. It is my way of showing the Lord I am willing to let go of all the cheap toys of this world for His true riches in their place. God cannot and will not fill hands already full!

I have observed it is very difficult for us to, "Let go, and let God." How prone we all are to be holder-oners; we're not too good at being leter-goer's. Laodicean Christians who come to God in prayer with the attitude, "I have need of nothing," gets just that — NOTHING! 

"And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full...."
(Isa. 1:15)

By An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...