Sep 16, 2020

A Good and Glorious change

 Dear Reader, 

I am about to have lived eighty and seven years, on God's good earth, October Fifthtenth. And at the threshold of beginning my sixty-fourth year in my walk with Christ. I am closer to seeing Him whom my soul loveth than probably any other time in my life.

Because of this I want to let you in on a change that will be coming immediately to my articles and blog site. I have talked to my son Andrew about it and also discussed it with my dear departed wife, while she sojourned among us; both thought it a good idea.

I want to give whatever time I have left on this earth exclusive to writing on the PERSON of JESUS; as found in the New Testament and Old Testament; in the latter case wherever He is seen in type, figure, or shadow. It will be almost entirely from my own thoughts of Him. I am entitling it, "Scribblings from the Scriptures"; by an Old Disciple.

My lifelong text has always been, "And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save JESUS only," Matt. 17:8. Thus, my lifelong philosophy, "If I can get a person to JESUS, all will be well."

The first edition will be posted soon; it can also be viewed on my blog site. http://tjrds.blogspot.com 

"May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering." (Moravian Saying)

An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...