Aug 14, 2017

Hibernation Time is Over

To All My Beloved Friends in Christ Jesus,


I want to thank each of you for allowing me to mourn the death of my beloved, this past week. Tomorrow, Tuesday, at 1:32 p.m. (actual time, not official) my darling went to be with her DARLING exactly one week ago! Unknown to anyone, even my children, I had set aside one week for grieving the greatest loss of my life. We both had previously discussed the surviving one doing this, long before her cancer. Then, we agreed, to take a nice long trip in the car to a place, or places of our choosing. After this, to get up and go again, living out the rest of our days, as in the past, to the Glory of God. The time I've chosen will be when I travel to Ohio for her memorial service. I will take my time returning home to California enjoying some sights, as we used to do together.


Tomorrow, the 14th of August, she will be buried at Sunset View Cemetery, in Jackson, CA. The reason for the delay is because they had to order the casket, since we live in a very small western town. Some years ago we decided, together, we would not have funerals, but memorials, never realizing, that in her case, we would not, and could not show, the Temple of God that the cancer had so destroyed. To put it bluntly, it was skin covering bone. None would want to have seen her this way. 


My Son Andrew informs me after the memorial services at our home church in Lodi, CA family members will visit her grave site.


As to my future plans, they remain the same as they have always been for sixty years, MY PLAN IS WHATEVER HE PLANS! After much prayer and thought these last seven days I am assured that the Lord would have me put all ​effort into my writings, maybe a book or two. Concerning going back out into the work, my preaching days are ended, with the exception of an occasional speaking engagement. Paul did his greatest work in giving us his writings, and they outlasted his preaching, by far.



Please pray for me these next few months. I have some extensive medical tests coming up. I was not able to take care of myself the way I had in the past these last ten months, and it has taken its toll. But I would not have had it any other way!


Ask God to give me a fresh anointing for my articles, as well as discernment on what each of you need.


As of tomorrow 1:32 p.m. (West Coast time), I am available for whatever you need. My life is HIS and yours.


An Old Disciple,


Brother Sandlin, or Richard (I like the former)  
Matt.17:8


Addendum: Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever...Psa, 30:11-12 


The days of thy mourning shall be ended...Isa. 60:20  


To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified...Isa. 61:3.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...