Nov 29, 2017

Those Pseudo Love Advocates

I have been told on more than one occasion, I’m sorry to admit, that I needed more love in my life as a Christian. I was even told this once by a professed drunken believer. Since I take all rebukes seriously I took into consideration the inebriated one’s also. We can not always choose the one God uses to tell us the truth about ourselves: as in Baalam's case! (2Peter 2:16)
I’m sure many of those well-meaning but misguided saints would have shown a little more pity toward this wretched man had they walked in his skin from childhood. Don’t misunderstand me, it is not what they said, but the way they said it I have a problem with. I totally agree with what they said! I long to love as our blessed Lord Jesus loved!
My dilemma comes from the fact that the love advocates trying to straighten me out on my lack of love seem to show little toward me while attempting it. In these conversations many, if not all, show irritation, hostility, and yes, even anger in their rebukes in spite of what we’re told about love in 1Cor. 13. Love manifests itself in longsuffering, kindness, etc.
After all is said and done I think it wise to let God do the work of teaching each of His children to love. “But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another,” (1Thess. 4:9). “...because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us,” (Rom. 5:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...