Nov 14, 2017

Walkin and Talkin

“Jesus himself drew near, and went (walked) with them...And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk...”
(Lk.24:15,17)


Just as you can walk and chew gum at the same time, one can walk and talk to Jesus at the same time. We’re told in Scripture that both Enoch and Noah,“Walked with God.” I think if we had been close enough to them as they walked we would have heard them singing something like, “And He walks with me and talks with me.”


Our Lord desires fellowship with His elect. We see this fact brought out in the context, “And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further. But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us...And he went in to tarry with them. (vs 28-29). He wanted to be invited.


A year or so ago I was waiting in the car in our driveway for Salle.  As she was getting in she said, “What did you say?” To which I answered, “I wasn’t talking to you, but the Lord.” She jokingly responded, “I hate it when I interrupt you two.” My friend, that is how real He was and is in both our lives. HE LOVES COMMUNION WITH THE SAINTS!




No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...