Sep 9, 2018

The Beginning

“In the beginning God…”
(Gen. 1:1)

Everything has a beginning, except God. For if He was in the beginning, it only stands to reason He was before the beginning. God has no beginning or end. Man, saved or lost, has a beginning but no end. Animals have a beginning and an end, not including the heavenly creatures. Beginnings are essential if one is to go anywhere  or accomplish anything.

I do not have so much of a problem with doing a thing once begun, my dilemma is in actually getting started. The popular quip of our day “Just do it,” I sometimes think was thought up with me in mind. It is wise to evaluate and think things through, but not indefinitely! Sooner or later we must put shoe leather to it.... and then finish it. Another fault of mine.

I mentioned the following (purported to be) Chinese proverb often in my writings, please allow me the use of it again, for it fits here, “A thousand mile journey was started with one step.” I don’t know about you, but had it been me to be the first one to dip my foot in Jordan, there would have been a slight hesitation; but it was the only way to get from here to there.

“Nothing ever came of something never begun.”
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...