Sep 28, 2018

What’s Wrong With Me?-NOTHING!

“And hath made of one blood all...men for to dwell on all the face of the earth.”
(Acts 17:26)

Good Christian people sometimes ask me, “What’s wrong with me?” I generally answer, “Nothing!” That is, no more than any of the rest have wrong with us. We all have the same blood flowing through our veins. It’s called being human. We all belong to that race, the human race.

Others, especially family members, are experts at calling attention to one’s idiosyncrasies, faults, failings, and shortcomings; it’s usually so they can hide their own. Although God did not make us sinners, He did make us all human beings. He sent His Son into the world as a human being!

Temper, mental anguish, temptation, weakness, worry, loneliness, discouragement, etc., all are part of mankind's various makeups. One way or the other, each  of us must bear his or her own defects. They’re common! Although exempt from sin, Christ Himself had human limitations.

In such matters as we’re discussing it is important to fix the fixable and to learn to live (by God’s grace) with the unfix-able! I have a wall plaque hanging on my bedroom wall that I see each morning when rising. It says in four lines what I’ve attempted to say in four paragraphs.

“God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...