Jan 23, 2019

OUTSIDE IN

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
(Rev. 3:20)

We all have heard or used the term “Inside out” at one time or the other. But from our text we might coin a new idiom: “Outside In.” The context of the above scripture is about Jesus standing outside a church of lukewarm saints seeking entrance. It has also been applied practically, and rightly I think, to His standing at one’s heart's door, desiring entry.

One thing we can all agree on in principle about our story is that our blessed Lord longs and waits to be invited into tepid lives. He is the only One who can ignite our hearts that it might once again burn within us. Ask the two disciples who traveled the Emmaus road. All other means we may use to accomplish this are only imitation fireplaces: “Strange Fire.”

Did you ever notice in the classic picture of Christ standing at the door, there is no door latch (knob). He cannot enter unless the door is opened from within! Jesus wants us to respond in allowing Him to enter into our lives. We have power to open to Him, says He; if not, we’d not be responsible! He would have no joy in breaking down the door. OH, DON'T DENY HIM ENTRANCE!

“[I]t is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled.”
(Sng. 5:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...