Jan 4, 2019

SAVED, SANCTIFIED, AND SATISFIED

My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips.”
(Psa. 63:5)

The above cliche is used frequently among some saints, especially those of the camp-meeting movement. I have no doubt as to the first two words being credible in most of their lives, but I question the factuality of the third. It is apparent to a Spirit-filled believer, after only a brief conversation with such folks, that a satisfied soul is noticeably absent.

During the recent holidays I had, for a brief time, an old-fashioned pity party. Alone and on my knees in prayer I found myself saying, “Lord, you’re all I have.” Then, as the tears fell freely, I seemed to hear “a still small voice” saying, “I know, but am I all you want?” As the poem says, “Am I not enough mine own, enough mine own for thee?”

Paul wrote those discontented, ever-seeking Corinthian believers, Christ Jesus...is made unto us_______________”  I think it both scriptural and appropriate for us to fill in the blank. For all the legitimate needs in life that arise,  He can fill them!

F.B. Meyer writes about an incident that illustrates and confirms our point. While teaching an unruly class of Sunday School children, just when he thought he had come to the end of himself he said, “Be my patience, Lord.” At that instance, says he, an indescribable peace and calm came over him. Thereafter he records, whenever difficult situations arose he would quietly whisper: “Be my strength Lord”; or, “Be my purity Lord”; or, “Be my encouragement Lord”; etc.

Hudson Taylor referred to this as the, “Exchanged Life.” I like that, don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...