Mar 13, 2019

FORGET-ME-NOT

“And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.”
(Acts 22:20)
My title is not in reference to a plant but rather a person. I was once confronted by a pseudo macho male who liked to flex his spiritual muscles, who said to me, “You’ll not soon forget me.” To which I replied, “O yes I will, your kind is easy to forget.” (I remember the incident, not the person). Some depart this life without ever being desired. (2 Chron. 21:20)
Stephen was one of those people who found a permanent lodging in the mind and heart of those who came in contact with him. Paul carried the memory of this godly man to the end of his life. This saintly man, we are told, was honest; full of the Holy Ghost, wisdom, faith and power; who performed great wonders and miracles among the people; who possessed an irresistible spirit; whose countenance was like that of an angel;  who had a forgiving spirit surpassed by none but his Lord. (Acts 6)
Such a man is unforgettable!  “The memory of the just is blessed.” (Prov. 10:7).
“The saints who are remembered are those who forgot themselves!”
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...