Mar 11, 2019

HIS FAITH IS MY FAITH

“...the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God.”
(Gal. 2:20)

The story is told of a correspondence between the great Evangelist D.L. Moody and his brother-in-law. It seems the latter felt he was called to be an evangelist but wrote in his letter that he didn’t have the faith to step out. To which Moody replied, “That’s alright, just step out on my faith.”

Paul tell us he not only lived his life by faith “in” Christ, but also by the faith “of” Jesus— the second being just as true as the first. This is not a play on words; it is a great truth once grasped. Those times you can’t believe, can you believe what He believes? Then step out on that!

He believed God created the earth, Adam and Eve; that God heard and answered prayer; He believed in Heaven and that the elect went there upon death; all of these along with a host of other seemingly impossible things that stagger the mind and human reasoning. I believe these because He did!

My original pastor and his wife were born-and-bred Kentuckians, a godly and humble couple. After one evening service we three were going out to eat. While waiting for him, I asked her what she believed about a particular doctrine. She sweetly replied, “Why, I believe what he (her husband) does.”

If you ask me what I believe, my answer is, “I believe what ‘HE’ does!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...