Jun 13, 2019

DAVID’S DEEP DESIRE IN PRAYER


O LORD, when I cry with my voice...answer me...in the day when I call answer me speedily...save with thy right hand, and answer me...Hear my prayer, O LORD... in thy faithfulness answer me.”
(Psa. 27:7; 102:2; 108:6; 143:1)

David’s deep desire when he prayed was not only that God would hear him, but that He would answer him. Most, if not all, believe God hears prayer (Psa. 65:2).  But many, as Job of old, do not have faith He will answer their prayers (Job 9:16). David goes on to tell us that the Lord satisfied his longing. “I called upon the LORD...the LORD answered me...In the day when I cried thou answerest me” (Psa. 118:5; 138:3). He believed in a prayer hearing AND prayer answering God.


David had his share of sins, shortcomings, faults, and failures; but believing God heard and answered prayer was not on the list. David would be the first to admit to his unworthiness, but not that his God was! God made promises, and in spite of David’s inherent weaknesses he believed them. He was, like us, a weak saint at best, but never a wicked one. His secret, as those before and after him, was God’s glory. And answered prayer does just that! (Jn.14:13)


“Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them(Psa. 99:6). Those pseudo spiritual believers who believe Bible saints could do no wrong should not look too closely at the lives of the three men mentioned. The truth is every child of God that ever lifted their voice to God was tainted with some kind of handicap or the other, something that would make one hesitate in asking God to answer their prayers.


But God does not answer us for our sake, but for His sake and His sake alone. Ezra blushed and was ashamed to even look up in prayer, nevertheless he prayed, and God answered. And so should we, O child of God. He still answers the prayers of His red-faced saints!

A Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...