Jun 2, 2019

THE CREATED CHRIST

"...thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself."
(Psa. 50:21)

I guarantee I have already gained the attention of conservative Christians and theologians by the above title. No, I do not believe God created Christ the Eternal Son. But I do believe many of His children have created a Christ that is a figment of their imagination, one to their own making and liking.

As Aaron fashioned the calf, so have many Christians formed their own Christ in their minds. Paul speaks of, “Another Jesus.” And Luke, in his gospel uses the term, “The Lord’s Christ.” Even so, saints too, can personally invent in their fallible minds, a Christ not found in the infallible scriptures.

The Christ of the Bible is a balanced Christ. The true character of Jesus Christ is not like a trick two-headed coin. There is another side to Him. In our syrupy society, we love to quote, “Neither do I condemn thee.” But you will never hear the worldling finish the text, or the flip-side, if you please, “Go, and sin no more.”

 Beware, child of God that in this narcissistic age, God accuse you of what He faulted Israel with, “thou thoughtest that I was altogether [such an one] as thyself.” It is always good to keep in mind, “For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...