Jan 14, 2020

A PERSONAL GOD

A PERSONAL GOD
“I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.”
(Ho. 2:23)


As wonderful and blessed as it is to say, “I am thine, O my God,” it is even more so to be able to say, “Thou art mine, O my God.” You will find the exact phrase “my God,” five hundred and twenty-nine times in the Word of God, the A.V. 1611, K.J.V. The first mention is by Jacob in Gen.28:21, the last by Jesus in Rev. 3:12. How my soul was elated as I skimmed each reference; my heart burned within me; as yours will, I believe. 


What an honor and privilege to be among saints such as: Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Ruth, David, Solomon, Elijah, Ezra, Nehemiah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Jonah, Micah, Habakkuk, Zechariah, Thomas, Paul, and yes! Jesus Himself; who all, when making references to their Lord, said “MY GOD.”  From my earliest days as a believer I have always loved the text in Song of Solomon, “My beloved is mine, and I am his…” 2:16-17.


Our God is a personal God. As the saying goes, He is, “up close and personal”; or as the Lord told Jeremiah, “Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Jer. 23:23 To us, distance makes a difference, but not to God. To God, afar off and close at hand are both the same. “...He be not far from every one of us…”  Says Paul, Acts 17:27. He is a God who is HERE as well as a God who is THERE. The name for it is, omnipresence! 


“...He giveth to all life, and breath...“ ‘My God is only a breath away.’”
(rds) 


By An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...