Sep 6, 2019

GIVING YOUR GIFT

As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another…”
(1 Pet. 4:10)

While a I was teenager in junior high, my buddy and I were invited to a birthday party for a girl in our class. My mother gave me sufficient funds to buy her a nice gift. As my friend and I were shopping we got to thinking it was a big party, and our reasoning was, who would miss our presents? So we spent it on ourselves. You can understand the horror that came over us when the entire group gathered in the front room for her to open the gifts, and her thanking each person publicly as she did. To be sure, our day is coming.

God meant for the gift(s) He bestows upon each of His children be ministered (given) to others, not squandered away. In Hosea we have a good Bible illustration of this. It is about prostituting God’s gifts on this this adulterous world. Sad to say many professing saints have done the same, giving their gifts and talents to the ungodly, and not to their brothers and sisters in Christ,  for whom they were intended. When offered an operatic contract Bev Shea chose gospel singing. I’m so glad for that! 

A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth. 
(Prov. 17:8)
A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. 
(Prov. 8:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...