Sep 18, 2019

THE ACCUSER AND OUR ADVOCATE

“...that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan…the accuser of our brethren...accused them before our God day and night...My little children...if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”
(Rev. 12:9-10; 1 Jn. 2:1)

We have an advocate (lawyer) on call 24/7. The reason for this necessity is because our adversary, the devil, accuses us before our God day and night. One would think he would cease after 2000 years of losing every case he fought in the Supreme Court of Heaven! 

Jesus is the great Satan Silencer! You remember when the Devil tried our Lord, he gave up after three attempts, “Then the devil leaveth Him…” (Matt. 4). He has always left God’s courthouse with a drooping head. What a joy, both to the defense lawyer and accused, when hearing THE JUDGE OF ALL THE EARTH SAY, “NOT GUILTY! AS CHARGED."

Arise, my soul, arise,
shake off your guilty fears;
The bleeding sacrifice,
in my behalf appears;
Before the throne my Surety stands,
Before the throne my Surety stands,
My name is written on His hands.

My God is reconciled;
His pardoning voice I hear;
He owns me for His child;
I can no longer fear
With confidence I now draw nigh,
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And "Father, Abba, Father, " cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...