May 11, 2020

OUR EVER PRESENT GOD 

OUR EVER PRESENT GOD 
"God is...present..."
(Psa. 46:1)

I do not know a subject I have studied more over the years than living the Christian life. It may be because of the background I came from or possibly my natural temperament: I wouldn't rule out a little of both. It is known by various names: The Normal Christian Life, The Deeper Life, The Overcoming Life, The Victorious Christian Life, The Higher Life, The Daily Christian Life, etc. I've come up with another, "The Present Tense Christian Life." 

It is not the sweet by and by I am concerned with, but the nasty now and now. I'm sure I will have no problem with the  former; it is the latter I need help with. I have come to see, with other saints such as Andrew Murray, Francis Schaeffer, and Elisabeth Elliot, that the Christian life is to be lived moment by moment. In fact Moment by Moment was Andrew Murray's favorite song. And a scripture he used much was, "I the LORD do keep it; I will water it every moment .... I will keep it night and day." 
 
What a wonderful revelation: that at any given moment of time God is present with us! His promise is,"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Jacob found this truth to be so. He discovered He is a God at hand and not afar off, "Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not." 

You will not achieve this moment-by-moment walk overnight, but if one will keep plugging away, trusting the Holy Spirit to keep you trusting, it will become part of your spiritual nature. It is the cure for worry, fear, and victory, to mention just a few. We're told, "His grace IS sufficient,” and faith is NOW! ("now faith"). The Present Tense Christian Life, I say.

"THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS TO BE LIVED FROM BREATH TO BREATH."
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...