May 9, 2020

THE BLESSIN' BUSINESS

"...thou shalt be a blessing."
(Gen. 12:2)

In a recent correspondence with one of my readers he mentioned our being a blessing. I responded by using one of my oft-quoted sayings, "I'm in the blessin' business; when I can no longer be such, I'll leave the business." For 60+ years now that has been my main goal in life. I literally exist for that! No greater compliment can be given a saint than, "You're such a blessing to me."

Jesus excelled in this business. He said, while here on earth, "I must be about my Father's business." And Peter tells us what that involved, "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good...for God was with him." The last thing He did as He was ascending was to bless His people. "And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven."

The Old Testament speaks of God leaving a blessing behind Him; this should be true of us everywhere we go. 

An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...