Sep 9, 2017

So How Am I Doing? You Ask

Beloved Friends,

Personally I didn’t intend to write anything for a while, but for all of you who want to know how I’m doing the following is for your information.

Yesterday (Friday Sept. 8th) was the one month anniversary of my beloved’s home-going.  So I thought I would do something she always loved, as most women, and go shopping.  I drove a couple of hours toward the Bay area to Livermore to the San Francisco Premium Outlet Mall.  It has 189 stores, ladies.  Obviously, it is an all-day excursion.

Since it is individual stores, and not under one roof, I took my time.  The first thing I did, as was our habit, was to go to the food court.  I had a sandwich at a deli she liked.  Then outside I drank a cup of tea at a little table under the sun as we use to do together.

As I entered some stores passing by others, I was so reminiscent of our holding hands as we would stroll together.  It could truly be said of me, as it was of Job of old, "His grief was very great", but no one suspected.  No one one heard the deep groanings of my soul.

As always, generally speaking, I didn’t buy anything.  I loved buying for her.  As she would boastfully tell others, “My husband picked 75% of my wardrobe."  Not because of dominance, but she knew I had an eye for the outfits she would make look good.  Yes, I know what I just wrote.  You see clothes didn’t make her look good; she made the clothes look good!  As I walked through some of the stores, I would say under my breath as I did audibly in past shopping sprees with her, “O, hon, you would be a knockout in this.”

On my trip back home, as on my journey there, I was able to settle some more important matters with the Lord concerning these recent happenings.  I found a renewed peace of mind and heart.

When arriving home, upon unlocking and entering the door, as I do consistently now since her departure, I said, “I’m home, hon.”  Soon I will say it for the last time – I will truly be Home!  And I will enjoy the sweet fellowship with her around HIM that we both enjoyed so much on earth.

Alone But Not Alone (John 16:32b),

Salle’s Husband, Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...