Sep 16, 2017

Tell Them-God Answers Prayer

I believe it was the day prior to my wife slipping into unconsciousness that she began her discussion with her friends. My blessed daughter-in-law, Sharon, who was with me and Salle constantly the last few days can bear witness to what I write. I am not exaggerating when I report Salle repeatedly said if not once a hundred times, “You need to tell them God answers prayer,” or, “They need to know God answers prayer.”

As A.W. Tozer says of such saints, “They are otherworld minded.” Her friends she talked to, as Sharon called them, were always at the foot of her bed. I once stood there to talk to her, but she motioned with her hand for me to move saying, “I can’t see them.” We laughed on one occasion when she only used her index finger for me to move without saying anything. God answering prayer was a subject both she and I spoke of often in our morning talks after our personal devotions.

If I remember correctly, these were her last words on this earth. How scriptural to the end was this Godly woman who spent some sixty-five years in the King's Book! “Call unto me and I will answer thee”... Moses and Aaron among His priests, and Samuel among them that call upon the Lord, and He answered them”... The God that answereth-let Him be God.” Salle believed such texts as these, as well as all other kindred Scriptures.

Someone asks, “How could she believe God answers prayer in her dire condition? My answer, she was following in the footsteps of her Master. Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps. When on the Cross, suffering as no human ever had, has, or will, He left her this example. In excruciating pain, and having a sense of being (temporarily) forsaken, He still addressed His Father as “MY GOD.” And in spite of everything, still He believed God answered prayer. By Him asking the question, He showed He expected an answer.

“THOUGH HE SLAY ME, YET WILL I TRUST IN HIM”
(Job 13:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...