Apr 3, 2018

How Shall We Then Live?

How Shall We Then Live? This is one of the titles in Francis A. Schaeffer’s five volume set on a Christian worldview. He masterly approaches the subject, for the most part, in a scholarly and intellectual way. But, since I am well aware of my own limitations in these areas, I will come at it from the practical side. I am sure each person has his or her own philosophical answer to this question; so, if you will please allow me, I’ll add mine to yours.


Here then is how I would like to consistently live my life in this present world, though, at this time, I must confess, it is done only in a spasmodic way. If I could have my desire, it would be to live each day as if it were the first day of my Christian life, with the addition of maturity, while at the same time, like it was the last day of my life on this earth, with the absence of morbidity.


How exciting it would be to start each day with the joy we had in our new-found faith—no past, no guilt. Our future as bright as the promises of God. Everything fresh and new, with an awareness of a celestial scent, the aroma of which captivates our very being. And, in addition to this, to realize within twenty-four hours, we will be going to our permanent and eternal home, where we will see and be with our beloved Elder Brother through the endless ages. What a day that would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...