Apr 16, 2018

Wherein Lies Prosperity?

“But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night...whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”
(Psa. 1:2-3)

A dear friend emailed these gracious and encouraging words to me recently, “You are definitely plugged into some good ideas. Whatever you do seems to work; so just keep doing what you’re doin’.” Interestingly I had started a personal devotional study of Psalms a few days previously, and had spent that time mulling over the portion, “whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”  I was thanking God for blessing most of the things I had put my hand to these many years.

The night I was saved my mother took me to the front of the church to meet the evangelist. After a brief conversation we turned to go, and as we did, he said to me, “Stay in the Book, stay in the Book.” From that moment on I began a love affair with the old, and proven, King James 1611, Authorized Bible! Any and all spiritual prosperity I may have experienced the past sixty years I credit to attempting to be saturated with Word of God. Soaked, drenched, if you please.

God’s one main promise to Joshua concerning him being prosperous in His Kingdom was, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”  There is a reason some of God’s children are abundantly blessed in their effort to serve God — it’s called THE WORD OF GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...