Jul 15, 2018

The Three "R's"

When Sir William Curtis introduced the “Three R's’” it was from then on assumed that reading, writing, and arithmetic would be the basis of education. I’m sure he’d gasp in unbelief in the fact that a good number in and coming out of our educational system lack sadly in all three of these areas. Many have no reading skills at all, legible writing is no more than childish scribbling, and not only can they not do simple math, but can’t even figure out how to come in out of the rain, as my blessed mother would say.

But I am much more concerned about three other “R’s.” They fall under the headings of: RETURN, REVIVAL, or RUIN. If our Lord does not return soon, it is imperative we have revival, if one of these does not happen soon, then we’re doomed to ruin. Or as A.W. Tozer so apply put it, “ROT.” The early church was looking daily for their Lord’s return, and thus expectancy brought about a personal revival in each heart. I think if the truth were known most Christians no longer pray the last prayer of the Bible, “Come, Lord Jesus” (Rev. 22:20).

In my daily prayers, I almost always say, “Come quickly, Lord Jesus.” When I do, my pulse immediately begins to accelerate. It seems those words are the match that lights the fire in this old disciple’s heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...