Oct 18, 2018

A Day I'll Not Forget

Beloved,

I want to take this time to praise and bless my precious Lord for the mercy He has shown to me. Five years ago, on this date, I had my heart attack. It was three days after my 80th birthday. The result was open-heart surgery with five bypasses. It was rough going all the way, with a few discouraging setbacks involved. But it was one of those "needs be" the scriptures speak of.

I want to personally tell each of you who prayed for me during this great trial in my life how very much I appreciate you. And of course that girl who was, and is, the love of my life, Salle Jo. She was by my side caring for me every step of the way. It absolutely took all her strength, which she never fully recovered. As most of you know it was only, I think, about three years or so after that that doctors found she had pancreatic cancer. The doctor told her the traumatic pressure of looking after me no doubt hurried her condition prematurely. "Greater love hath no man," says The Man Christ Jesus!

I don't know about tomorrow but I know He'll be there, for all my tomorrows. Bless His Name.

Brethren, Pray For Me,
An Old Disciple


No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...