Oct 2, 2018

ONE WAY AND MANY WAYS

“I am the way…
(Jn. 14:6)
“He will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths.”
(Is. 2:3)

If the Bible  teaches anything, it teaches only one way of salvation, and that is by and through the Lord Jesus Christ! Yet, at the same time and without contradiction, there are many ways in which God leads His children in accomplishing His will. There may be only one way into a store but many isles in which to walk, each taking the one that suits his purpose.

All of us, the elect of God, has his or her function in the Body of Christ. And as we fulfill that particular purpose we may do things different and contrary to the ways of others. The norm is not the normal for all of God’s servants. It may be most comfortable for one and accepted by the brethren, but it is not God’s way for that individual.

I think most, if not all, ardent Bible believers would’ve had a problem with Isaiah’s antics recorded in Isaiah 20:2-3, where God used him as an object lesson. In our day he would have been censured by us unmercifully, I think. I hear someone saying, “Yes, but he was an exception to the rule.” Exactly! That’s what I’m attempting get across to you, my readers.

I leave you with two scriptures we all need to ponder. The first is found in John 20:21-22, “Peter seeing him [John] saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him...what is that to thee? follow thou me.” The second is in Matthew 20:15,“Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own?” Our “Potter” can do with His vessels as He pleases.

“DARE TO BE DIFFERENT”
Not for your sake, but for His sake!
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...