May 19, 2019

GOD’S GRIP-OUR GRIP


“Thy right hand shall hold me.” 
Psa. 139:10 
“I will not let thee go.” 
Gen. 32:26 

David’s life shows God has a firm grip on us; Jacob’s life declares we can have a firm grip on God. Our security is the result of knowing God has a firm grip on the whole of our life; useful service is having a firm grip on God! God’s hold on us is vice-like; ours on Him should be no less.

This firm grip is to be mutual, even though one party is infinite and the other finite. We are to respond in kind. If we are insistent on pulling away from Him, He may let go of us temporarily, to teach us the tragic consequence. Holding tight to the Father’s hand is the wise thing to do! 

When our children were young we went on a vacation. At a rest stop Salle and I were on each side on our younger son, holding his hand. He kept struggling to pull away from our hold. I told my wife the next time he tries, let go. After hitting his head on the ground, he held tight to our hand. 

 Princes with God are those who say, “I will not let thee go, except thou bless me!” 
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...