May 17, 2019

IT'S REAL

“We do know that we know Him.”
(1 Jn. 2:3)

My wife had a trained, but more importantly, Spirit-filled voice. One of the songs she could really belt out, as they say, was entitled “It’s Real.” When she sang it, all present were conscious that He was a living reality in her life. Not only did she know, but as Jonn wrote, she knew that she knew.

There are some poor, misguided souls running around saying a person can’t know for sure. Whenever such an argument is presented to me, I like to use the illustration of the boy eating an apple and telling everyone how delicious it was. When a passerby mentioned they didn’t believe anyone could know what it taste like, his reply was, “Take a bite and find out.” David would have agreed: “O, taste and see that the Lord is good.” Psa. 34:8

A person may not know a lot in this life, but if he knows Christ, when all is said and done, that is all that is necessary. In one’s final moments on this earth, when taking that last gasp of air, knowing Him is all that ever really counted. He is the star at the top, and all else is tinsel.  

From my conversion as a young man down to my old age, He has been and is an authentic, genuine, living reality in my life. “He walks with me and talks with me, and tells me I am His own!”

Some years ago I was sitting in my car waiting for my wife, as we were heading to church. As she got in she said, “What did you say.” My reply was, “I wasn’t talking to you, but to the Lord.” She joking said, as only she could, “I hate it when you and the Lord leave me out of the conversation.” HE’S REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...