May 22, 2019

WHITE-OUT

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
(Isa. 1:18)

I stopped at a drugstore today to pick up two white-out pens; why two? I make a lot of mistakes. Looking back in hindsight I think it would have been a good middle name for me. Whether I’m writing letters or marking my Bible in the margins, much of my time is spent in correcting mistakes, covering them with white-out, making a clean sheet, so to speak.

This fact can also be applied to my spiritual life, without any exaggeration. A lot of my time in prayer is spent in asking God to white-out my sins, failures, shortcomings, mistakes, etc. John in his small first epistle tells us the Lord not only forgives these, but cleanses us of them. That is, He uses His white-out: the Blood of Christ.

There is not one case in the Bible where the saints of God did not need this process applied to them from time to time no matter how godly they were in their overall lives. If they did not need vile sins covered, then they did for their proud virtues. The sinful Publican fits the first case; the proud Pharisee fills the second spot.

 “It’s a wonderful thing to behold one’s messes disappear and a clean slate lie before him.”
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...