May 2, 2019

TIMES OF REFRESHING

“...the times of refreshing...”
(Acts 3:19)
Recently one of my readers and an old-time friend emailed me a brief note concerning one of my articles. In it she mentioned how refreshed she was by it, as well as The Journal itself. I answered by saying it was mutual, her comment was just as refreshing to me. Oh, how we all need spiritual refreshing in this dry and thirsty land of ours. Wherever one looks it seems there is nothing but parched (spiritual) soil all around us. Satan has dammed up the fountainhead.


Without argument these times of refreshing come from the Lord, but generally speaking God uses people as the means to bring them about. The wise man tells us how one that is faithful, “....refresheth the soul..." And Paul mentions in his letters how he was refreshed by various brethren from time to time. He asked the saints at Rome to pray, “That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed,”.


Spiritually speaking, I think it a wise thing if each of us head for our local hardware store and pick up a good bucket and dipper; then fill it with fresh cold water. “And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward,”. I imagine if we were to ask the Women at the Well to describe Jesus’ ministry she would have replied, “It’s refreshing!” Is ours?





No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...