Apr 26, 2020

ARE YOU LISTENING- TODAY?

"For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart...Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest...Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts...To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts... To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts."
(Psa. 95:7-8,11;Heb. 3:7-8,15;4:7)

However the above passages may be interpreted, one thing none can deny: God intends for His people to have daily communion with Himself, "to hear His voice."  The results of not doing so are, to say the least, devastating! We're told in the context that it leaves one with a hard heart, a granite attitude, and the absence of a restful soul when they depart from a living God. To depart from life is certain death.

We are told of Saul, in the Old Testament, that he inquired not of God; the result being that God ceased to speak to Him. If you're not interested in talking to God, neither is He interested in talking to you! The result of Saul's muted fellowship with God is seen in his conversation with the witch of Endor for guidance. The Blessed Man never seeks ungodly counsel, but the Lord's. God is a great conversationalist. He is always ready to talk to one who desires to talk to and obey Him.

God still speaks, maybe not audibly, but most certainly through His Word! The old song has it right, "And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own."


I was basically raised by my mother; we were very close. She lived alone in her later years in a two-room apartment. She once told me that when my late wife, Salle, and I were gone on revival meetings, she would call our house daily. She said, "I knew I would only get your voice on the answering machine, but I just love hearing your voice everyday." ENOUGH SAID!


By An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...