Apr 29, 2020

THAT AWESOME CHOIR IN HEAVEN

"And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy...for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation...And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing."
(Rev. 5:9,11-12)
*please read all of chapter five

 It is said of Samuel Chadwick, a great Methodist preacher of bygone years, that for forty years he commenced each Sunday service by reading Revelation chapter five. 

The evangelist Billy Graham had some gigantic choirs in his day, but all are dwarfed to almost nothing next to this awesome heavenly choir we read of in our text. 

All my family are singers, my son Andrew and I being the exceptions. But although Andrew may not have the best voice for solos, I have never heard a more robust voice in congregational singing; his voice excels them all. And for me, as my song leader used to say kiddingly, "Brother Sandlin will not sing in heaven. For the Bible says,'There will be no more suffering there.'"

I have been brought to my feet on occasions while listening to some church choir at the climax of the song. But in heaven there will be an “eternal climax”! Think of that in any down times that you may experience. Earth is only our "warming up time," so to speak. Paul and Silas in Acts 16 started early on their songs of praises while on earth. So they fit right in when entering heaven. 

My son Andrew is masterful in English, while his sister Leah Beth, is as a mathematician. I texted her this morning on our main text, verse 11, asking her help. The following is her answer.

"Well the 10 thousand times 10 thousand equals 100 BILLION (100,000,000) ...and the rest is a guess because it says ‘thousands of thousands’ which is an indefinite number. So if I add even just one thousand times one thousand,  that’s an additional 1 MILLION (1,000,000) ... so at the BARE MINIMUM it's 101 BILLION (101,000,000) and probably  much more since the word ‘thousands’ is plural!"

Contrary to my late friend's jest of me, I am going to join that choir as soon as I get there! I might not sing well, but I can..."Sing aloud ... make a joyful noise unto God...."


By An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...