Apr 22, 2020

THE BLANK SPACE

“If the Lord be God____” 
(1 Kgs. 18:21)

As I was reading through the book of Kings awhile back this portion of scripture captured my attention. So much so, that I wrote an article on it. Allow me to polish this little nugget up once again.

Our pastor, along with his preaching, uses fill-in sheets. And, I might add, he does it very effectively. I, personally, don’t feel comfortable with this style, and am sure I would fail in attempting it. But, though I would not be successful following this method, I have had success using it when I pray.

Do you think it may be a good idea each morning, when we awake, to say to ourselves, “If the Lord be God,” then____; and I fill in the blank. For example, “If the Lord be God,” then____  I have nothing to fear; I need not worry about my needs; my children are  in safe hands; I can do today what’s right with God's help; etc.

 Let's all give it a try in the morning, it won't hurt anything; but it may help a great deal. You fill in the blank space. “If the Lord be God,” then_____.

If He is “the God of the living,” then, let’s get on with it!
(rds)



By An Old Disciple

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...