Jun 9, 2020

LORD OF THE DAY AND NIGHT!

"The day is thine, the night also is thine."

HE IS LORD! — Day or night, around the clock. He is Lord of the day, sunny or cloudy, and also of the night, moonlit or dark as pitch. He made them both; therefore He owns them both. Those who live in misery saying, In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning!" are strangers to Lordship.

That small remnant who have submitted to the Lordship of our Sovereign God say at the dawning of each day, "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." And when night falls, "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety." There is no time in which our God is not in control.

Is it any wonder then that God's darling David said, "My times are in thy hands.” Not sometimes but at all times. His God was his conscious and continual companion, no matter where the hands on the clock pointed. Had David lived in our generation I believe he would have had the song upon his lips, "And He walks with me, and talks with me, and tells me I am His own." 

By An Old Disciple


No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...