Feb 6, 2019

A CHANGE FOR THE BETTER

For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.”
(Heb. 7:12)

My pastor brought a message some time back that gave me some food for thought. His reference was to Peter’s original call to be a “fisher of men.” He then brought out the fact that, toward the end of Christ’s ministry, He seemed to re-commission Peter. Now, the emphasis is not on a “fisher of men,” but rather, being a “feeder of sheep.”

I wonder how many of we preachers would be willing to take a different direction in our ministries if the Lord so ordered? I shudder when I hear an older preacher say something like, “I’m preaching the same things I preached forty years ago.” If he means by this, the basic cardinal doctrines, I can accept that; but if he means in every particular, I believe the man is found wanting.

After over sixty years of preaching, the Lord has shut me in, putting the focus on writing these daily articles. Looking back, I bless His name for this. I have always tried to be willing to change as He directs. Some might consider this a weakness (the changeableness), but I think of the untold blessings I would have missed had I not followed His leadership.

The writer of Hebrews said the priesthood had been changed, and because of this, there was, of necessity, a change in their ministry. May God help me, along with my preacher brethren who peek into the Journal each day, to be willing to change at the Lord’s bidding, knowing there will come greater opportunity and blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...