Feb 10, 2019

A GREAT DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PREACHER

The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel.”
(Ezk. 1:3)
“...preach...the preaching that I bid thee.”
(Jon. 3:2)

Although I do not remember the exact time or place, there was a turning point in my ministry that I will never forget. It revolutionized my preaching, and took a tremendous load off my shoulders. It was the beginning of blessings both for me and those who heard me.

The day of which I am speaking was when I ceased trying to find a sermon, and trusted God to give me a message. The word “sermon” is not found in the Bible, but the word “message” and its equivalent runs throughout its pages.

God’s people deserve “hot bread from Heaven’s oven,” not moldy, dry bread from the ovens of Egypt. How often we preachers are tempted to take the crumbs from another’s plate to feed our people with. When Jesus said, “Feed my sheep,” He did not mean with the leftovers from someone else’s table.

Certainly, we can gather various fruits, vegetables, and food from the marketplace, but it must be we who prepare it. Each meal is to be prepared from God’s recipe Book, and it is He who chooses from the menu what His children are to eat.

I remember a lady once asked my wife Salle what I did all day alone in motel rooms while I was in meetings. Her reply, “He waits on God for the right message.” It says in the Scriptures, “...the word of the Lord came unto him saying…” What a great day it was in my life and ministry when the Word of the Lord came unto me.

By the way, this includes written messages also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...