Apr 25, 2019

Don't Mistake the Two

"Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soon as I shall see how it will go with meBut I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly." 
(Phil. 2:23-24)

There is a special trust in God that has to do with specific things, times, situations, etc. Then there is an general overall trust, which involves our day to day living. Some people confuse the two, and as a result create a crisis out of every event that arises.

Does this sound inconsistent? "I trust in the Lord, but I'll have to wait and see how things will go with me." It isn't if you are referring to the latter type of faith I mentioned above. Yes, if the former. In this second type of faith there is no "claiming" a promise, but calmly awaiting an outcome. He did not know whether Nero would condemn or acquit him. He did not possess a particular faith for deliverance, but one of submission.

Sometimes we have to trust the Lord and just wait and see; this is not unscriptural or unspiritual! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...