Apr 10, 2019

THE PROBLEM OF FORGIVENESS

“...for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it...forgave I it in the person of Christ.”
(2 Cor. 2:10)


A lady I once pastored was going to be a missionary. In her second year of Bible school while she was just a teen during summer vacation, her uncle molested her, leaving her with child. This destroyed any hopes of her desired vocation. Many years had passed since the incident, but still she could never find it in her heart to forgive him for this despicable act.


After coming to me for counselling and having listened to her heart-wrenching story I asked her two questions. The first, “Do you love Christ?; and secondly, “What would you do for the Lord Jesus? My former inquiry was answered with, “With all my heart!, the latter, “I’d do anything for Him!” I then asked, “Will you forgive your uncle for Jesus’ sake? A tearful YES!  was her reply.


Many super saints, so to speak, blessed at birth with a naturally pleasant nature, think forgiveness is an easy deed, but when wronged in the right area of their life they find just how humanly impossible it actually is. True Biblical forgiveness is not going directly to the culprit, but going through Christ. Any other type of forgiveness is in the flesh and profiteth nothing, says our Lord, Jn. 6:63.


If you are among the great host who has experienced some hideous and hurtful deed from another and trying to find forgiveness in your heart, STOP! You’re not to forgive for your sake; YOU ARE TO FORGIVE FOR HIS SAKE! Any and all things done in a saint’s life is to be “for HIS sake!” And this includes forgiveness. Even God Himself forgives for Christ’s sake,“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children.” Eph. 4:32;5:1.


Be honest with God. Tell Him, “Lord I will not, I cannot forgive; but for you Lord Jesus, and you alone I forgive all wrong ever done me by any and all.” O, the peace that will flood your soul. It will be Springtime in your spirit; the birds will sing once again!


"Forgiving the one who wronged you may not change them, but it most certainly will you!"
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...