Apr 8, 2019

PRENATAL CARE

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was  none of them.”
(Psa. 139:13-16)

Darling David tells us God was in and a part of his life before he was born; so says the Word of God! If you disagree, you disagree with the likes of Isaiah, “The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name...And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant,” Isa. 49:1,5. And God tells Jeremiah, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations,” Jer. 1:5.

I am not attempting to argue for some divisive doctrine of a scholar but to convey a blessed truth from the scripture. James tells us, “Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world,” Acts 15:18. Without question Man is His greatest work. Ever detail of our lives was known unto God, in eternity past; even to the most minute detail. God foreknew, therefore He predestined, “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son,” Rom.8:29. He knew who would be drawn and attracted to a dying Saviour!

We love Him, says John, because He first loved us; and we chose because we were chosen. Like when I was a boy and we’d play baseball, two of the guys would choose up sides. When you were chosen you could choose if you wanted to play for that side. There is, and always has been, a heated debate over the term, “Irresistible Grace.”My position is that it can be resisted, “Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye,” Acts 7:51. But may I add, I couldn’t; IT WAS IRRESISTIBLE TO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...