Apr 30, 2019

MY ROCK IS CHRIST


...that spiritual Rock that followed them...that Rock was Christ.”
(1 Cor. 10:4) 

A large rock rests in front of my mobile home with the inscription, "Christ Is My Rock." Everyone in the court sees it on their morning and evening walks, plus any and all who come to our door. I want to testify to the whole world that, “On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.”

I have many dear friends who believe Peter is that Rock, but Moses tells us, “their rock is not as our Rock,” (Deut. 32:31) Paul, in the above text, tells us Who that Rock is. Jesus told Peter he was a “stone” (Jn. 1:42), not “The Rock.” Peter tells believers, like himself, they’re “stones” (1 Pet. 2:5).

I thank God I have under me a “sure foundation,” Christ the Son of God and God the Son, not a vacillating man as Simon Peter, or any other flimsy hope.  In the worst of storms I am not standing on a small pebble on the beach, so to speak, but on the Rock of Gibraltar. CHRIST IS MY ROCK!

“Never, never pin your whole faith on any human being: not if he is the best and wisest in the world. There are a lot of nice things you can do with sand; but do not try building a house on it.”
(C.S. Lewis)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...