Jun 6, 2017

A Big Mistake

“And Samson said unto the lad that held him by the hand, Suffer me that I may feel the pillars whereupon the house standeth, that I may lean upon them...And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up....And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein.” (Judges 16:26,29,30)

One of the greatest mistakes one can make about a man is in equating his weakness with being a weakling. There is a vast difference between the two. The former has to do with some infirmity of the flesh, the latter with those void of any and all character. Samson was a weak man, but not a weakling. Ask those few thousand Philistines, men and women,  who made light of him.

Hebrews eleven tells of Samson’s faith. It is here we find the blessed truth that though a man has a weak flesh he can possess a great faith. The entire list of men and women in this hall of faith chapter had his or her weaknesses, but none were weaklings. Everyone in this world has their own weaknesses, but not everyone of them are weaklings.

It is a wise individual that admits their weaknesses and majors on God’s strength. This type of person does what they can do; they do not attempt to do what they know they can’t do. When the weak man, Paul,  said, “I can do all things through Christ,” he didn’t mean he could remove mountains. But this man, with little or no strength of his own, did what God enabled him to do.

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me...for when I am weak, then am I strong.  (2 Cor. 12:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...