Jun 29, 2017

The Uncertainties of Life

“Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth” Prov.27:1….“Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.” Ja.4:13-16

The old worn out cliche, “Nothing is certain but death and taxes,” just ain’t so. I may not die, the Lord could come; and I don’t pay taxes, my income is too small. Apart from God’s Word, we can say with certainty, nothing is certain in this life. Thus, as to our plans for tomorrow, don’t bet on it. Nothing is nailed down! This is not being pessimistic, but realistic. Live today and let God take care of your tomorrows. As the saying goes, “I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow.” The gospel song says it best, I think...

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine
For it's skies may turn to grey.

I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

I don't know about tomorrow;
It may bring me poverty.
But the one who feeds the sparrow,
Is the one who stands by me.

And the path that be my portion
May be through the flame or flood;
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.

Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter,
Every cloud is silver-lined.

There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky.

AMEN and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...