Jun 2, 2017

Welcome to the Family

And Ananias...entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul…” Acts 9:17

Can you imagine Paul’s inward emotion upon hearing these first words, “Brother Saul,” as a Believer? This previous blasphemer, hater of Christ, and accessory in the killing of the first Christian martyr, Stephen? As well as one who tore young women from their homes and mothers from their childrens’ arms, committing them to prison?


How tender a term in welcoming Paul into the Family of God. In the spiritual sense, they were now true Blood Brothers. Forever to be closer than any physical brothers. Our souls knit together forever as a Jonathan and David. But what is even more precious than this is Jesus’ statement in the gospels. “For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother…”


As a small boy I remember wishing I had an older brother to look up to, and one who would take care of me in tough and fearful times. Well, I now have such a Brother, and He is more than anyone could ever hope for in a brother. He is my all, and in all. I’ve spent some sixty years telling people about my WONDERFUL BROTHER!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...