Jun 9, 2017

All Your Ducks in a Row

The Bible speaks of, “…line upon line.” Repetition is necessary to learn truth. Therefore I repeat certain crucial truths from time to time. Things we need to be reminded of if we are to get through this life with any semblance of being sane.

One area that can lead a person to lose his or her marbles is when they attempt to get all their ducks in a row, so to speak. I have tried to achieve this impossible feat most of my life. Is it any wonder then that I spent much of my waking hours in frustration?

A thought came to me some years ago that has been a tremendous help to my persnickety personality. It goes like this, “There is nothing perfect; there is nothing lasting; and I will never get it altogether”. I like things just right. I want them to last. And I like all the loose ends tied up.

But that is not true to life. It’s a fantasy I created in my own mind. I’m to always work toward perfection, but realize it’s not attainable in this life. Everything is ultimately headed for the junk yard; I can’t keep it indefinitely. And there will always be a loose end I haven’t tied up.

Because of this we need to take everything in its stride, if not, we’ll always be out of step with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...